Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week 1

I just finished my first 2 weeks of ISM. I have already learned so much about the professional world.
We talked about how to dress professional and it will definitely be a wardrobe change for me. It's important to dress appropriate to know you are serious and professional.
 Currently we are researching background information on our topics. It gets me very excited to start working with a mentor. There is already so much I have learned. Things about my topic that I would have never even believed. For instance I had no idea that a special events coordinator could plan concerts. Though my desire is to specialize in weddings, maybe I will expand my specialties.
Along with research and discussing the professional world. I came up with my mission statement and my quote for the year.
My mission statement is: In ISM, I would like to achieve an understanding of the event planning industry, obtain experience working in the field, and discover the different opportunities the industry has to offer.
My quote is by Vincent Van Gogh, "Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on the earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling." I choose that as my quote because being a special events coordinator isn't necessarily a career that will make me wealthy. But, it is something I know I will enjoy doing and I want to have a career doing something I love. Hopefully ISM will help me prove that this is something I really want to do as a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment