Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 2

In ISM, we are getting more into depth of all of our topics. I just created a contact list of people that I could potentially talk to about special event coordinating. It is much harder to find event coordinators in the Dallas area than it is to find a doctor. I have to say, I picked an extremely somewhat difficult topic. Although, I have done an extreme amount of research about my topic. We did a "career/industry forecast" and it was just gathering information about our chosen topic. That helped a lot as far as learning more about event planning.
Also this week, we created a list of questions to ask the people that we interview. I'm so interested in speaking with these people because I want to know more about the career and what I can do to get my foot in the door somewhere or with someone. That's what is really exciting about what we have been doing is that hopefully I will get my foot in the door in a good business and it can help me with my future. That is what is good about this class. You need a good place to start with your career and I really think ISM is doing that for me. It is preparing me for my career and my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment