Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 5

We are starting to get closer and closer to the independent part of this class. Last week, we set up our portfolios and we went to symposium. Symposium was a lot of help. I learned a lot from the business professionals that I interviewed. They all had some great advice for me. I learned that in interviews, I need to be comfortable talking about myself. In interviews you are asked about yourself a lot.
Also, in the interviews I learned that it's very important to not point out negatives. If you have negatives, turn them into positives. Always seem passionate about what you do, or what you want to do. It looks better for you to look passionate about the job than to seem like it's just a paycheck.
Also I learned that it is important to feel comfortable. For me, the more comfortable I am then the better I sound. If I am nervous I tend to stutter and repeat things that I say. So, I try to make myself feel comfortable with the interviewer. If I am comfortable I am relaxed.
I'm getting more excited as the year goes. This week I am starting to make phone calls to schedule interviews. Nobody has answered me so far, though I have only called 3 people. SO, hopefully some people will return my phone calls soon because I am very eager to get started with interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment